Child Support Agency Contact Number – 0843 515 9404

Share this post...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone

The Child Support Agency (commonly referred to as the CSA) is the central body tasked with the arrangement of payments. Such amounts are to be made between separated parents in regards to the upbringing of their children. For any queries relating to a new claim or an existing one that you may wish to dispute, you can call the Child Support Agency contact number on 0843 515 9404.

The Child Maintenance agency also facilitates the Child Maintenance Service. This agency is also one of the many services provided by the DWP, (Department of Work and Pensions) and many claim they are possibly one of the most important. As a responsible body, they are wholly responsible for the collection and distribution of agreed monies, which can always be a controversial topic between the recently separated.

There has been some confusion over the naming of the service recently as from November 2013 the CSA ceased to exist and was replaced by the Child Maintenance Service. No new applications are handled under the CSA name. However, for existing claims you can still use this number to contact them – phone our CSA contact number now.


How does Child Maintenance work?


Child Maintenance is an agreed monthly or weekly payment that is made from one parent to another depending on who is looking after their child on a permanent basis. This payment is to help contribute towards living costs, clothing and more. Payments are usually made in the event of parents separating and is subject to guidelines from the Department of Work and Pensions. There are strict criteria that you have to meet to qualify for the payment structure. The child must be under 16 or 20 and still in full-time education such as at college or university. It is essential that the parent who is looking after this child takes full responsibility for their upbringing in this situation. As has already been stated, Child Maintenance is a difficult subject. If you have questions, it is best to call the customer service team using the Child Maintenance contact number on this page.

How can I appeal a case?

Arranging Child Maintenance can be a harrowing experience. While going through a separation, emotions and other situations can get in the way of arranging something beneficial for all parties, and this is where the Child Maintenance team can step in. However, if you do feel that you are being treated unfairly regarding your child maintenance payments, then you can, of course, make an appeal. If you would like to do so, then it is advised that you call the child maintenance contact number listed in this article – 0843 515 9404.

What happens if I have missed a payment?

It is understandable that you may be experiencing financial difficulties at certain times in your life and in a situation where you are paying Child Maintenance it can be difficult to make payments sometimes. However with this being a legal requirement it is essential that you keep up with payments in order for you not to suffer the consequences. Missing payments could potential affect you in many ways with the most extreme situations ending in having a visit from the bailiffs. If however you cannot legitimately make your payment that month for a reason such as changing paydays or if you have had added expenses such as moving home, then further arrangements can requested. In order to discuss this, call the customer service team using the Child Maintenance contact number on this page.

For all enquiries in regards to Child Maintenance, then it is essential that you call the Child Maintenance Customer Service team on their contact number – 0843 515 9404.

Housing Benefit Number – 0843 506 9228
Tax Credits Contact Number – 0843 515 9428